We are pleased to announce the appointment of Chris Moore as Commercial Director. Chris joined us in 2017 as Operations Manager and became the Commercial Manager last April. This is quite a milestone in the Appleton Woods journey, as Chris becomes the first non-family director.
- How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Driven, Supportive, Personable
- Can we expect any new changes from you within your new role?
Something I learnt very early in my managerial career was when you move into a new role the best thing I can do is to observe, listen and understand! We have a fantastic team at Appleton Woods who are performing exceptionally well in the current climate.
- How does it now feel to be a commercial director!
I am delighted and proud to become the first non-family director at Appleton Woods. It is an important milestone in my personal development and a significant point in Appleton Woods’ history.
- What kind of things do you like to do in your spare time?
Where possible I like to spend my spare time socialising with friends and family. I also like to play and watch Golf and Football as well as being a keen cook.
- What has been your biggest challenge so far in your new role?
Switching focus from the day-to-day challenges in Sales, Marketing and Operations as a Commercial Manager to a more strategic outlook as Commercial Director.
- Tell us an interesting fact about yourself!
There is literally nothing that anybody reading this would find remotely interesting about me to be honest.
- Who is your favourite superhero and why?
Being of a certain age I grew up reading Marvel comics so I would have to say Wolverine. Iron Man would be a close second because who wouldn’t want to be Iron Man.
- What is your favourite Appleton product, and why?
I like any product that sells!
- Tell us about your favourite holiday/event!
I have been very fortunate to have had a number of fantastic holiday’s but my first Family holiday with my young children will always be special. I did spend the late 90’s travelling around Europe’s party hotspots with my close friends but to be honest I can’t really remember a lot about those holidays!
- How do you feel about a half-day Friday….?
Haha, nice try! Half-day Friday’s would be nice, but we must maintain the level of service our customers have grown accustomed to.