We are excited to announce the newest member of the Appleton Woods Team, Sam Garvey. Sam has joined our Customer Services team, after recently completing his degree in Biotechnology from the University of Nottingham.
Learn more about Sam below:
- How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Positive, confident, calm.
- How has your first week been?
Really enjoyed it. Have met some great people and learnt a lot about the company.
- What kind of things do you like to do in your spare time?
I am quite sporty and enjoy going to the gym, going to the pub with friends and I’m a big England rugby fan.
- How do you feel you are settling within the team?
I like to think I am picking things up quickly, and everyone is extremely friendly and helpful which is great.
- Tell us an interesting fact about yourself!
I met Davina McCall at a University open day whilst I was working as a student ambassador, chatted with her for 20 minutes and only realised afterwards it was her!
- I believe you have worked at a similar company in the past, how does that compare to working here?
Working within a much smaller team is nice as it is much easier to see how every business area functions and collaborates to make a successful company.
- Who is your favourite superhero and why?
Deadpool – awesome power and good sense of humour.
- What’s your favourite Appleton product, and why?
AB028 – Appleton Centrifuge tubes. Seems right as these were the first physical Appleton product I encountered during my first day.
- Tell us about your favourite holiday!
A spontaneous break to Croatia in August 2020. Had a great time in a lovely country, and timed it perfectly as the new 14 day isolation rule for people returning from Croatia was announced and came into effect 2 days after I got back!
- Where do you see yourself in 3 years within the company?
I’d like to have taken on much more responsibility, and hopefully helping out along the sales side of the business.