We are happy to announce Kayleigh Murray has joined the Appleton Woods Team as our newest Customer Services Officer. She joins us after completing her degree in Biological Sciences at Aston University, graduating next month!
Learn more about Kayleigh below:
- How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Kind, creative and free-spirited
- How are you finding your Customer Service role!
I’m really enjoying it! I’m particularly enjoying being able to interact with customers and working with the amazing Appleton Woods team.
- What things do you like to do in your spare time?
I’m a big Aston Villa fan and spend most of my time watching the premier league when it’s on. I also love to travel and can’t wait to explore more destinations when I’m able to do so. I’m also guilty of watching too much reality TV (oops).
- Who is your favorite Love Island member haha!
Probably Molly-Mae, it’s amazing to see what she’s achieved since leaving the show!
- Have you faced any challenges in your new role and how have you overcome them?
I think starting a new job in the middle of a pandemic was always going to be tricky! Specifically, the fast-paced nature of incoming orders and customer enquiries; however, the team have been a great help in supporting my training.
- What is your favourite Appleton Woods product?
The Appleton appPETTE starter kit – Pipettors were the first items of equipment I used when starting university, and I had such a great time there, so this product reminds me of my university days.
- I know you like musical theatre Kayleigh, what’s your favourite musical?
Les Miserables! – I’ve been to see it at least 5 times
- How has the transition been from University to employment?
Fast! I didn’t give myself a break between finishing university and full-time employment. I think this has helped me to remain focused and retain most of the knowledge I gained from my studies.
- Tell us about your most memorable holiday!
I was lucky enough to travel to India in 2018 and see the Taj Mahal. It was the most amazing holiday and I was able to learn a lot about the different cultures. The food was also very yummy!
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully happy, healthy and progressing in my career 😊