Read more about our newest Customer Services Officer below! Alicia is joining us having recently completed her Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Materials Sciences and then Masters in Microbiology and Infection both at the University of Birmingham!
- How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Kind, caring and organised!
- How are you finding your Customer Services role?
I am really enjoying it! It is great to be part of the amazing team here at Appleton Woods – everyone is so friendly and welcoming! I also find it extremely rewarding being able to help customers to find the right products for them.
- What things do you like to do in your spare time?
I enjoy going on walks, going bowling and spending time with my family and friends.
- Have you faced any challenges in your new role and how have you overcome them?
The fast-paced nature of customer service was quite challenging during my first week, however the extensive training given by the Appleton Woods team meant I adapted quickly.
- Do you have any pets?
Yes! I have 3 cats
- What is your favourite Appleton Woods product?
The appPETTE Single Channel Variable Pipettors – they remind me of my time in the research labs at university!
- If you had to eat one things for the rest of your life what would it be?
- Tell us about your most memorable holiday?
My most memorable holiday was going to Disney World Florida with my family whn I was younger. I still have a book which was signed by all the Disney characters when I was there!
- How has the transition from studying to full time work been?
I was nervous about the transition from university to full-time work, however I was given extensive training by the Appleton Woods team from my first day which made it much easier to adjust to.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I hope to be happy, healthy and doing well in my career.